This course is designed for the student athlete who plans to play collegiate sports. The goal of this course is to educate the student athlete on the college recruiting process, review the core courses and eligibility requirements as stated by the NCAA and NAIA in order to be eligible to compete in collegiate athletics. Students will learn how to build their profiles, produce highlight film, and gain a better understanding of the recruiting process.
Prerequisite: must participate in JV or Varsity athletics.
There are several national and regional associations governing the varsity teams of colleges and universities. Varsity teams are typically funded by an institution's athletic department, and under some governing bodies players are eligible for athletic scholarships.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA)
- National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
- Association of Christian College Athletics (ACCA)
- National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)